For our Den Leaders
The BSA publishes a large collection of detailed resources and materials to support our local program. It’s all out there … we just have to grab it and go!
To jump-start the planning for your Den year, here is a collection of resources to get you through the key preparation steps along with several tips and “how-tos” specific to Pack 99.
And don’t forget — we are all volunteers and are learning together. So, please don’t hesitate to ask the other leaders for advice, recommendations, and help! Contact the Pack.
- So You’re a New Den Leader | New Den Leader Checklist
- Welcome! New Lion or Tiger Den Leader
- Welcome! New Wolf or Bear Den Leader
- Welcome! New Webelos Den Leader
Youth Protection Training
Start Your Planning
- Scout Tip: How to get some action into your Den Meetings
- NEW! Scoutbook should be your go-to app for your next den meeting
- Learn more about the new Scoutbook experience for Den Leaders (with video)
Below are online resources available for each Den. The ‘Start Here’ links includes a brief video overview for that den as well as additional resources to help you plan.
The latest Den Leader guides for each den are available for purchase from the Scout Shop or now as Kindle Editions. We also include below the complete guides are from 2015, which have since been updated to support new program offerings. Generally, the 2015 edition includes more than is required today, so the best way to make sure you are covering exactly what you need is to follow along in your scout’s guidebook and looking up the requirements listed for the adventure in Scoutbook, which includes the most recent updates.
You only need to complete the requirements listed in Scoutbook for each adventure.
>> Start Here
Webelos | Arrow of Light